Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Welcome to your worst nightmare


Guess who’s back.
Back again.
CTC’s back.
Tell a friend.
Guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back…


That’s right! We’re excited to return to where it all began at Chronicling the Colonials. I know I speak for Lee when I say we’re incredibly excited to return to the fun, goofy, sometimes-serious world of Robert Morris blogging.

To those who followed us to Colonials Corner, a sincere thank you. That was a gig I never wanted to give up, but I was provided an opportunity to make a living writing for the Evening Sun in Hanover, PA and couldn’t pass it down. The Evening Sun is a great organization with great editors who provide excellent content on a daily basis. I love it.

But I don’t think anything will match the pure love I had for Colonials Corner, which is why I need to get a few things off my chest. First, a big thanks to Andrew Chiappazzi who pitched me hard to his bosses at Rivals to take over when he moved on. I was a kid with a lot to prove and wanted that chance to take things to a new level desperately. Andrew believed in me to take over his project, and I hope I didn’t disappoint.

There were a lot of things I would have done different. A lot. And I understand if there are people who weren’t always pleased with the coverage or types of content. Every day was a learning process for me, so thank you for your patience.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to be a sports writer. At Colonials Corner, I was, and it was everything I wanted and then some. It was long nights of banter and thoughts and frustration and I wouldn’t trade it for a thing. Colonials Corner prepared me for the real world more than anything else could have.

My good friend Jason Frank will be taking over Colonials Corner now that I’m gone and he’s going to do a great job. Follow him on twitter @Jay_Frank17!

As for us, we’re back and ready to go. Neither of us live in the Pittsburgh area anymore, so coverage is naturally going to be a challenge sometimes. We’ll work through it, because our passion for the Bobby Mo red and blue never wavers. Round one of Chronicling the Colonials was the most ridiculously fun time I’ve ever had writing. The passion for Bobby Mo hoops will always there. We’re excited to getting back to being like the drunk 20-somethings we are.

So yup, we're back baby! And this time with more gifs! As always, our info goes better with tequila.

--Chris Cappella
--@C_Cappella


No comments:

Post a Comment